Man who shot NYC McDonald’s employee confesses to unrelated homicide

The man accused of shooting a Brooklyn McDonald’s worker in the face during a spat over cold French fries has confessed to an earlier murder — a killing he left to the fast-food fracas, police sources said Wednesday. .

While being questioned for shooting fast food worker Matthew Webb in the face during a dispute that spilled outside a Bedford-Stuyvesant McDonalds on Monday, Michael Morgan admitted to committing a homicide on October 21, 2020 that he had long been suspected of committing.

That fatal shooting happened six blocks from the McDonald’s.

Police charged Morgan, 20, with killing 28-year-old Kevin Holloman in front of an apartment building on Herkimer St. near Rochester Ave.

Investigators suspected Morgan, who has an extensive rap sheet, of carrying out the 2020 shooting, but prosecutors needed more evidence, a police source said.

“For a while we tried to make an arrest and get this guy off the street,” a police source said. “The man should be behind bars, he should be in jail.”

Morgan was also charged with possession of a weapon for Monday’s shooting, police said. His girlfriend, 18-year-old Camellia Dunlap, was also arrested on weapons possession charges for allegedly running away with her gun after the shooting, police revealed Wednesday.

Morgan did not speak when officers led him out of the 79th Precinct stationhouse Wednesday afternoon.

Webb, 23, was working at the restaurant when Morgan’s mother, 40, reported that her French fries were cold, police said.

At the same time, she was talking to her son Morgan on FaceTime. As the french fry spread, Morgan and Dunlap showed up at the restaurant and the french fry spread went up.

Eventually, the argument spilled outside the eatery and across the street, where Morgan allegedly pulled a 9-mm. handgun and shot Webb in the face.

“We were sitting here and we heard a ‘pop!'” a street vendor who saw Webb on the ground bleeding after the gunfire told the Daily News.

It seemed to Webb that the street vendor was well known for his good reputation with his McDonald’s colleagues. “He was diligent,” the seller said. “He was protecting his co-workers.”

Morgan, who sources said has a record of 13 prior arrests, handed his handgun to Dunlap, who was running away with him, police said.

The Flash News Daily

The Flash News Daily

days of the week

Get up to five of the best stories of the day every weekday evening.

Morgan was nabbed by police when he fled the scene of the shooting.

His girlfriend was arrested a few hours later. It was not immediately clear if the gun had been found.

Doctors rushed Webb to Brookdale University Hospital, where he remained in critical condition Wednesday. He has no criminal record.

Morgan’s arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court was pending Wednesday.

Leave a Comment